- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
FastRyders collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Payment information (the amount charged and payment details like credit/debit card details)
- Location where we require Logistics/Delivery services, location of dispatch riders near you and the final point of delivery.
- Communication records for when you speak with our service agents.
- Profile Information, things like profile picture, language and communication preference, sex, business type, driver’s license and National Identity Number (NIN).
- Minimal information on identification information like the IP address on which the FastRyders app is installed.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide FastRyders with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
Register online, download our app or place an order for any of our products or services
- Register online, download our app or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Corporate customers information would be collected via channels from web portals created for them as well.
FastRyders may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Through the guarantor forms requested from the drivers in the app.
How will we use your data?
FastRyders collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- We use some of the information provide for identification and verification purposes. Proper identification of drivers, their vehicles and other KYC uses with verification agencies like Vehicle Identification Officers (VIO), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC),National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) etc. and our payment provider (Paystack).
- If you agree, FastRyders will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
When FastRyders processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
FastRyders securely stores your data in our database powered by our cloud Service: Digital Ocean Server. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active customer account. If your account is closed, personal data will be deleted, unless such data is still required to meet any legal obligation, or for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Financial data regarding logistics/delivery services provided to customers will be stored for three (3) years after the last delivery. Data required for other accounting purposes will be stored for ten (10) years after the last delivery.
In the event of a suspected criminal offense, fraudulent activity or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for up to 10 years.
In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
Delivery history data and the data about usage of logistics/delivery services will be stored for two (2) years, after which the data will be anonymized.
Retention policy is currently set to be 10yrs but at volume grows, the size of data generated and retain would be re-evaluated. Proper archiving of relevant data would be made whilst others would be properly destroyed.
We do not intend sharing or selling customer’s information i.e. customer name, phone number, email address, card information, address or favourite address nor transaction history would be sharing with third-parties. However, analysis, chats and other analytics deductions draw from these information could be share without comprising the integrity of customer’s privacy.
What are your data protection rights?
FastRyders would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request FastRyders for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that FastRyders correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request FastRyders to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that FastRyders erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that FastRyders restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to FastRyders’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that FastRyders transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our data protection officer at the provided channels.
Call number: +234 814 779 6399
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit aIIaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — FastRyders uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising — FastRyders uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. FastRyders sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites.
How to contact us.
Call Number: +234 814 779 6399